Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Information & Culture
Directorate of Archaeology
Afghanistan Extractive for Development
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultancy Services: National Advisor
Duty Station: Kabul
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Afghanistan Extractives for Development
Consulting Services: Individual Consultant
Project ID: P159402
Number of Vacancies: 1
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of achieving Afghanistan Extractives for Development. The Project is being implemented through a Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Ministry of Information & Culture. The PMU is now seeking a well-qualified individual’s consultant for the position of Advisor to Deputy Minister of Art & Cultural.
Mes Aynak is a major historical heritage site and one of the most important points along the Silk Road. There are separate archaeological sites in the valley Mes Aynak including small forts, a citadel, monasteries, several Buddhist stupas and a Zoroastrian fire temple.
The advisor will work under direct supervision of the Deputy Minister of Art & Culture he /she is responsible to closely liaise between Ministries and International Communities and other stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Achieving success in the social media of historical heritage of Mes Aynak requires the ability to update and share relevant content, engage with Ministry of Information & Culture as well as with International Communities, and cover special events to stimulate outstanding the audience through high potential channels.
The main duties and responsibilities of advisor are comprised of the following;
- Review of policies, cultural and historical approaches to the historic treasure of Mes Aynak
- Establish communication and dialogue and research in relation to ancient works and culture
- Provide suggestions and awareness of cultural events including conferences, congresses, festivals, and commemorations of ancient Afghanistan
- Exchange with other experts and practitioners of ancient issues
- Participate in cultural of Mes Aynak events and prepare reports on goals, how to conduct their activities and their results.
- To design of ancient historical events, studies and surveys as well as information collected of Mes Aynak
- Investigating and discussing new ways of expanding culture (Gandhara) and (Greek -Bactria) as well as (The Kushan) related to the Buddhist based on the works of Mes Aynak.
- Analysis of cultural phenomena, preservation of values and traditions, continuous publication of cultural phenomena in English, Pashto and Dari.
- Cultural news, supply of cultural products and to review their affairs
- Transferring critical thoughts and suggestions of experts.
- Review and suggest policies and cultural approaches based on maintaining the history of Afghanistan
- Recognizing the faces and cultural, literary talents of the country, and establishing and communicating with them in relation to cultural issues.
- Research on recent historical methods.
- Understanding and analyzing cultural phenomena.
- Get knowledge of cultural news and advice on the impact of advertising campaigns Connect with cultural circles and associations, and review their issues
- Transfer of critical thoughts and suggestions from experts and cultural figures
- The Advisor shall report to the Deputy Minister of Art & Culture Director of the project as his/her direct supervisor and the Director of AIA, MoIC.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Archaeology, History and /or other related fields, master degree will be preferred
- At least 4 years work experience with government and large-scale projects, experience with Donor community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and report writing skills
- Knowledge of Computer software’s and Ms. Office
- Language: Strong English Skills-Written and Spoken, Strong Dari or Pashtu Skills-Written and Spoken
- Should be creative, energetic, reliable, and full initiative.
- Willing to work under pressure, and long hours
- Good team player that can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (revised Jan 2011).
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) and educational documents should be sent to the email address below by no later than above mentioned date. Position title must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Information & Culture, Program Management Unit (PMU)
Attention: Mr. Ahmad Zia Anwari
HR Directorate, 4th floor, Ministry of Information & Culture.
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Office phone: +93 (0) 77 75 65 321