REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultancy Services: Admin/Finance Assistant
(Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply)
Duty Station: Kabul
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Afghanistan Extractives for Development
Consulting Services: Individual Consultant
Project ID: P159402
Ref #: MoIC/AE4D/CT-017-29
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of achieving Afghanistan Extractives for Development. The Project is being implemented through a Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Ministry of Information & Culture. The PMU is now seeking a well qualified individual consultant for the position of Admin Assistant.
The Admin/Finance Assistant will assist Mes Aynak Specialists (Procurement, Finance and ESE) of the Program Management Unit (PMU) as defined below and will report to him
Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of admin/finance assistant is, to undertake /assist in daily function of program management unit (PMU) as follows;
- Handle administrative requests and queries from senior levels.
- Properly arrange filing of documents and carry out regular maintenance of the Project.
- Shopping small items of goods and or any needed material /services for daily operation activities.
- Update records in the computer system and maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Take meeting minutes and maintain proper records.
- Write emails, Official letters (Maktob, Istilam and request) in a professional manner.
- Assist Procurement Specialist in preparation of bidding documents for the procurement of goods and services in accordance with the guide lines of the World Bank and Public procurement procedure;
- Able to use printer, copier and scan machines
- Assist Project staff in daily activates;
- Reception of visitors photocopies and mail services,
- Prepare duty roster for the cooks and guards; day-to-day supervision of property management including guards, cook and cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule.
- Maintain and monitor attendance book; alert supervisors to poor attendance records of relevant staff.
- Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all project staff;
- Responsible for facilitating visas and other legal documentation for project staff.
- Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets of support staff.
- Maintenance a computerized inventory of all assets belonging to Project (includes coordination with other Departments).
- Assist with implementation of asset tracking system including use of asset tags, movement of assets and upkeep of an asset register.
- Answer to office telephone and recording of public complaints’
- Keep a proper filling system, for all financial and administrative documents.
- Process allotments, payments and acquittal forms daily at the Ministry of Finance and keep the tracking sheet updated.
- Any other tasks as require by the Project.
- The Admin Assistant report to Project Director as his/her direct supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum (Bachelor Degree) in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Financial Management, Public Administration or other related fields,
- At least 4 years work experience in administration and finance with World Bank funded projects or international donors projects;
- familiarity with World Bank and Afghanistan Procurement procedures;
- Demonstrated abilities to take initiative, build consensus and make things happen;
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and external stockholders.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Good spoken English with writing skills as well as Pashto and Dari, and knowledge of using basic computer programs (Ms. Word and Ms. Excel and accounting data bases);
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Section V of Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (revised Jan 2011).
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) and educational documents should be sent to the email address below by no later than 16:00 hours (local time) aforementioned date. Position title must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Information & Culture, Program Management Unit (PMU)
Attention: Mr. Ahmad Zia Anwari
HR Directorate, 4th floor, Ministry of Information & Culture.
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Email: Khyber.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Office phone: +93 (0) 20 221 4760