REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultancy Services: Field Officer
Duty Station: Kabul/Logar
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Afghanistan Extractives for Development
Consulting Services: Individual Consultant
Project ID: P159402
Number of Vacancies: MoIC/AE4D/CT-018-2
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of achieving Afghanistan Extractives for Development. The Project is being implemented through a Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Ministry of Information & Culture. The PMU is now seeking a well-qualified individual’s consultant for the position of Field Officer.
The field officer will work under direct supervision of the project director he /she is responsible to closely liaise between department of Archaeology, Project Site staff, Donor and other stakeholders.
Attend internal and external meetings, collect the required data, analyze the data and provide reports, briefs and regularly make update about any progress made.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of Field Officer are comprised of the following;
- Spend more time at the Mes Ayank Archaeological Site, Coordinating site national and international Archaeologists activities.
- Coordination and communication between Site staff and Main office (PMU)
- Cooperating and Assisting Project Director in the relevant matters.
- Liaison Activities especially between MoIC, MoMP and NEPA.
- To make sure effective and efficient result, Proper observation of the Activities of the Site national and international Archaeologists to ensure the site staff activities are properly carried out.
- Preparing and collecting monthly progress report of the activities of the site.
- Communicating Site Staff needs and requirements (Health care, proper accommodation, Working tools, Safety covers, Transportation and Security) With the Main Office (PMU).
- Making Follow up of the needs and requirements of the Site staff.
- Play the role of focal point between the Ministry, Field staff, and all other counterparts.
- Attend Ministry's management meeting and provide updates and reports to the office of AIA and AE4D.
- Follow up on the activities/tasks agreed during the internal and external coordination meetings
- Cooperating and Assisting project Director in identifying priorities and gaps for the better coordination among all stakeholders.
- Attending relevant meetings, analyzing and preparing report from the site.
- Play the role of focal point between the site staff and project management unit main office staff/MoIC.
- Preparing site staff meeting report.
- Focus more on the site staff activities for achieving the required goals.
- The Field Officer shall report to the Director of the project as his/her direct supervisor and the Director of AIA, MoIC.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Relations , Engineering or other related fields, master degree will be preferred
- At least 4 years work experience with large scale projects, experience with Donor community.
- Must have strong Monitoring and Evaluation expertise, data collections, data analysis and report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and report writing skills
- Knowledge of Computer software’s and Ms. Office
- Language: Strong English Skills-Written and Spoken, Strong Dari or Pashtu Skills-Written and Spoken
- Should be creative, energetic, reliable, and full initiative.
- Willing to work under pressure, and long hours
- Good team player who can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (revised Jan 2011).
Expressions of interest (including CV and three referees) and educational documents should be sent to the email address below by no later than 16:00 hours (local time) …….March, 2019. Position title must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Information & Culture, Program Management Unit (PMU)
Attention: Mr. Ahmad Zia Anwari
HR Directorate, 4th floor, Ministry of Information & Culture.
Mohammad Jan Khan Watt, Kabul, Afghanistan.
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Office phone: +93 (0) 20 2214760 /0202105435